Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
FORT COLLINS OFFICE
No new Section 8 applications are being accepted for Fort Collins at this time. Our last cycle was in 2015.
Below is information for those who turned in Pre-Applications on March 2 or 3, 2015
- Your information will be input into the State’s database where it will be sorted and ranked based on a number of factors
- There is no way to estimate when or if you will be given a Section 8 Voucher. They become available if any of our existing housing clients lose theirs for any reason or if the State issues new vouchers to DRS. At this time DOH has put a freeze on the issuance of new vouchers until further notice.
- It is VERY important if any of your information changes from what is on your initial Pre-Application you submitted, that you notify DRS in writing within 10 days. Please send your changes to:
Disabled Resource Services
Attn: Emily or Jennifer
1017 Robertson St. Unit B
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- If you are chosen for a voucher, you will be notified via mail. Should you be denied for any reason, you will also receive a letter in the mail
- If you have any questions regarding this program, call 970-482-2700
The Loveland office is currently accepting applications for Section 8 housing vouchers. Selection is based on need. Once a person, couple or family is chosen we prescreen them and write a letter of recommendation to the Loveland Housing Authority (LHA) stating this is who we have chosen to receive a voucher.
The LHA has provided the Loveland office approximately 75 vouchers. For a voucher to become available someone currently in the program has to move away, pass away or have the voucher rescinded.
Those wanting to be added to the Wait List should contact Denise Meyer: